Monday, December 24, 2007

Liberty and Bondage

Michael Goza
michaelgoza@bellsouth.net

Yesterday my wife and I decided to traval to our land in middle Tennessee to pick up our four wheelers and bring them back home for some winter time maintainence.

Upon arrival at our secluded little cabin we found a business card left on the front door from the "County Government". Now, mind you, our cabin is over a half mile deep in the woods, our gates are chained and padlocked, and all around our property are "No Tresspassing" signs, some with the slogan, "Tresspassers Shot-Survivors Shot Again".

Seems as though our quaint little hunting cabin has been overlooked by our county property assessor in the past as an "improvement." I hardly consider our cabin much of an improvement and find it more closely akin to "glorified camping". We have no running water. No electricity (except our solar system), and the bathroom is an outhouse. But the "government" says we owe them more money for this luxury of having somewhere to lay our head other than the cold hard ground.

Maybe it's just me and my growing up and working in a city that is number one in violent crime in these united States, but it's a good thing that I was not present at the land when this government lackey decided to take it upon himself to come unannounced on my property, ignore my signs and locked gates, and walk himself up to my little piece of heaven on earth. Had I been there I would consider a stranger who had ignored these clear warnings an immediate threat and he would have found himself face down in the dirt with some sort of large firearm to his head while he attempted to explain why he is tresspassing on clearly marked land.

Does anyone besides me ever consider the ramifications of property taxes? Could there be a more ungodly and unconsitutional tax than this? It clearly has deprived us of the Right of private property. If you do not pay your yearly "rent" to the government it is they who confiscate it much like the landlord who evicts a non-paying renter. We have in essence become nothing more than "glorified renters." Quite interesting that the abolition of private property is the number one plank of the Communist Manifesto which teaches citizens to give up their Rights for the "common good." This misguided philosophy always ends in a police state (which we clearly have today).

It just strikes me as very unjust that I work hard and save my (previously taxed) money to purchase a little land and the government comes along and says I owe them money because I made this sacrifice. Now, if I decide to build myself a little cabin or barn, the tax man will come along again and say, "Oh, because you spent your hard earned money and time to build something to make it more comfortable or useful for your family you must pay me even more money."

This is the very definition of tyranny. My dislike and disgust for this criminal regime called government grows each and everyday. Was not the cry of our Founding Fathers "no taxation without representation?"

They punish hard working Americans by stealing more and more of their hard earned money (at the point of a gun if you refuse) only to enrich themselves and give to those that have no desire to work. One in the same really since a government agent or politicians lifeline is your money (much like blood is to a tick) and it is we who do the work so they can pluck the fruits of our labour.

Our nation has turned its back upon Christ Jesus and the result has been the ever-growing menace of the wicked in power. The old saying that "the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" has manifest itself clearly in our government and society today.

Do you desire Liberty? There is only one place it can be found. "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty." II Corinthians 3:17

Without the Lord there is only bondage.

My prayer is that the righteous will stand and reclaim the crown Rights of Jesus in all the land. What a glorious day that would be!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Galt said...

IF a business card from the local mini-tyrant got you thinking, WHATEVER YOU DO, do NOT read "The Ballad of Carl Drega" or "Unintended Consequences."

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home